In The State Of #Menswear Lust 1.
Alain Delon in Purple Noon, 1960.
Tom Rileys 1st vintage of his TBRILEY Shiraz/ Cabernet from the Gruetzner Vineyard in Apsley. It is an incredible single vineyard wine that I had the pleasure of drinking earlier today. Avaliable soon at TBRILEY.COM.AU or at PJOHNSON showrooms.
Tailormade Wine. Looking forward to trying this.
In Medias Res // Jake Gallagher, I.
In Medias Res is a project in which I pay homage to the people who inspire my own sense of style with a work-week long, daily updated photo series.
Wax Wane - Frayed and Bowed.
Is it going to be too warm for flannel? & there will always be ripples..
Notes: Suit - P Johnson for GW, Shirt - Ascot Chan for GW, PS - Herringbone, Tie - E. G. Capelli, Shoes - Anthony Cleverley “Bodie” for Leather Soul
- 4 Seasons? This suiting is from Loro Piana 4 Seasons collection, not sure if they mean there are cloths for 4 different seasons or the cloth is designed for 4 seasons (in the Norther Hemisphere). Either way this grey flannel is baby soft to hand & about 220gms, should be good for winter & mid-seasons down here in the Antipodes
- Button up or shut up! Those with sharp eyes will notice that I rarely button up my button down collars when wearing a tie. Gianni Agneli who most considered one of the most dapper & influential dudes to ever have graced this earth is responsible for quiet a few style quirks that has over time become me. I say time as it takes a certain amount of “balls” to shirk of the snarks, in real life or the internet.
- Essential guidance: Every man should have at least one grey flannel suit - the grey flannel suit is as essential as the navy blazer. Single or double is really up to which side you dress ;)
- Barchetta - The little Italian boat. You will also notice that the breast pocket is besom & has a curve that follows the chest unlike my usual curved patch pocket. Ethan & I agreed that to keep some formality this would be the better stylistic choice. Not to say I won’t commission a 3 patch pocket at a later date.
- 5cm cuffs.. My favourite rule to break as most say this should be left to taller men.. FUK EM! I say as long as one has the balance & proportion, then why not.
Flannel for Winter.